St Charles Borromeo
12 Jarratt Street HU1 3HB
Tel: 01482 898338
Canon Stephen Maughan
Sunday Masses: 10am, 6.10pm
Week days - See newsletter on the website.
Full access facilities for wheelchairs (access plus disabled toilet)
Loop system for hearing-aid users
SVP, Legion of Mary, RCIA
Its origins go back to 1779 and to chapels in Posterngate, destroyed in the Gordon Riots, and to North Street (1799). The present church was built in 1829 (Architect: John Earle), widened in 1835 (Architect: J J Scholes), and substantially altered in 1894 (Architects: Smith Brodrick and Lowther). The mission/parish was known in its earlier phases as Saints Peter and Anne and then St Augustine.